Friday, December 04, 2009

Bernard Richards describes his work with Alan Turing

Fascinating article from The Rutherford Journal, in which Bernard Richards describes his work on morphogenesis with Alan Turing:


"I first met Dr Alan Turing in early 1953 after I had just graduated with a degree in Mathematics. ...... when I met with Turing later that day I recognised that here was a genius, since having heard about his programming talents in that morning and his Morphogenesis work in that afternoon, he seemed to me to transcend both. I left that introductory meeting knowing that, whilst I had taken upon myself an intellectual challenge, I was embarking on a stimulating experience."

Read more of Bernard Richard's account here.


Thanks to Leeds University Professor S. Barry Cooper for this information

No comments: